donorflex guides to GDPR, consent and preferences
By Mark Higgitt
| August 24, 2017
The donorflex teams relationship with users has always been shaped by our desire to make your management and use of data as smooth as possible.
The new era of fundraising regulation and data protection has made that approach as important as it has ever been.
Our three new guides are designed to be our clients initial sources of insight and information before they engage with helpdesk or consultants.
Each is aimed at a different audience within their operations.
Your starter guide to GDPR and fundraising compliance
- What is it? Its a 17-page guide to GDPR, direct marketing consent and preferences, and fundraising regulation. Its the fruit of our close association with the experts, bodies and authorities that are central to the new fundraising era.
- Why is it important? While we know donorflex inside out, and have a firm understanding of the issues at hand, were not legal experts. So this must be used as your first port of call when you feel the need to contact us as your go-to team in moments of doubt. It will steer you in the direction of the experts who can give you the specialist guidance you need.
- Who is it for? Its guidance is important reading for all departments that handle personal data which means its relevant for the chief executive and chairman of trustees through to the organisations individual teams who handle data on a daily basis.
- Where do I find it? Its in the Downloads area of My donorflex. To access it, ask your donorflex Liaison Manager (DLM), the colleague with the highest level of access, to login and save a copy.
Consent and Preferences: Your path to compliance
- What is it? Its a 12-page guide to managing direct marketing consent and preferences for clients who continue to use donorflex 10.2 while preparing for the upgrade to donorflex 11.
- Why is it important? It will help you to configure and use donorflex in a way that ensures you both satisfy the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2016, and honour the wishes of your supporters to stay in touch with you via the communication channels they choose.
- Who is it for? Its a key document for the colleagues who decide how your organisation uses donorflex to manage direct marketing consent and preferences, and for those who are responsible for putting that policy into action as they input data on a daily basis.
- Where do I find it? Its in the Downloads area of the My donorflex client menu drop-down. To access it, ask your donorflex Liaison Manager (DLM), the colleague with the highest level of access, to login and save a copy.
donorflex:decide Consent and Preferences video
- What is it? Its a 10-minute video guide to drive your senior management teams key internal discussions about the way your organisation manages direct marketing consent and preferences. It looks at the principles of the options that are available, and once your organisation has decided on its strategic direction it shows you how to configure donorflex in order to physically manage your day-to-day obligations.
- Why is it important? Thats simple. Your organisation must satisfy the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2016, and also honour the wishes of your supporters to stay in touch with you via the communication channels they choose.
- Who is it for? Your executive / trustee / senior management team as they prepare to debate and decide upon the organisations rules for managing direct marketing consent and preferences and then put them into action in a systematic, consistent and disciplined way.
- Where do I find it? A link to this private donorflex video has been emailed to the Prime Contact at each of our client organisations, for them to distribute to the appropriate colleagues. Its in the Handy Hints area of the My donorflex client menu drop-down. To access it, ask your donorflex Liaison Manager (DLM), the colleague with the highest level of access, to login.
Remember, its important to read and follow the advice of these documents before you call us to discuss the ground covered by them.
Just wanted to say how well received your video was! The feedback from managers here was that it was the first time someone had set out the options in a clear manner. Keep up the good work! Vicki Hedger, Fundraising Database & Donations Administration Manager, St Barnabas House and Chestnut Tree House