Northern Ireland added to RUG 2018 schedule
The donorflex team has added a date in Northern Ireland to 2018s season of Regional User Group roadshows.
Well be at Southern Area Hospice on Wednesday, June 20, to deliver the same insights that have drawn 300 delegates to book on the other eight events, which were timed to run before GDPR becomes law on Friday, May 25, and are delivering our customary day of insight and information on donorflex 11 and the enhancements that will come with donorflex 11.1.
If the engagement of almost 50 delegates at the opening event, the Midlands gathering at Birminghams beautiful Midlands Arts Centre, is anything to go by, the combination of insight and demonstration struck a chord.
GDPR, of course, takes centre-stage. Since the new version was released, last September, clients have increasingly taken stock of the demands of the new era and begun to finalise their internal processes and protocols for managing issues like preferences and consent.
The insights and needs emerging from those client discussions around the UK are driving the next stage of donorflex development, meaning that the system is about to evolve even further as it will continue to, while GDPR settles down and charities thoughts, confidence and experience advance.
Heres how the agenda shapes up....
- 8.30-9.20am: Registration
- 9.20-9.30am: Welcome / House-keeping
- 9.30-10.45am: Session 1
- donorflex 11.1 timeline (how donorflex development especially the Preferences & Consent module has unfolded since donorflex 11 was released in September, 2017)
- donorflex 11.1 developments revealed
- The session will focus on:
- Issues raised by the donorflex 11 upgrade Data Appraisal Report
- Your organisations chosen approach to GDPR and the Preferences & Consent model it will adopt
- Your organisations use of Legitimate Interest
- The issue of running a Preferences & Consent model using both Consent and Legitimate Interest
- 10.45-11.00am: Break
- 11.00-12.30pm: Session 2
- donorflex 11.1 developments continued
- 12.30-1.15pm: Munch and mingle
- 1.15-2.15pm: Session 3
- donorflex 11 upgrade stories
- Standard reports / Insight / Dashboards (runs into Session 4)
- 2.15-2.30pm: Break
- 2.30-4.00pm: Session 4
- Standard reports / Insight / Dashboards (continued)
- 4.00pm: Carriages
Cost and venues
Once again, weve worked hard with our host venues to balance ease of access and value-for-money in our choice of dates and locations, resulting in a rate of £50 (exc VAT) per delegate.
Heres the list of dates and venues, along with an indication of the total number of seats available.
Remember, house full notices went up at most of last Marchs 2017 Regional Training Day venues well before the event in question.
- Midlands: Tuesday, April 17 Hexagon Theatre, Midlands Arts Centre, Cannon Hill Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham B12 9QH (84 places)
- South-West + Wales: Tuesday, April 24 Parkway Hotel, Cwmbran Drive, Cwmbran, Gwent NP44 3UW (40 places)
- North-West: Thursday, April 26 Leasowe Castle Hotel, Leasowe Road, Moreton, Wirral, Merseyside CH46 3RF (55 places)
- Scotland + Northern Ireland: Tuesday, May 1 The Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square, Glasgow G1 4DB (12 places)
- East: Tuesday, May 8 Arthur Rank Hospice Charity, Cherry Hinton Road, Shelford Bottom, Cambridge CB22 3FB (50 places)
- South-East: Wednesday, May 9 Sandown Park, Portsmouth Road, Esher, Surrey KT10 9AJ (60 places)
- North-East 1: Wednesday, May 16 Kenwood Hall, Kenwood Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S7 1NQ (50 places)
- North-East 2: Thursday, May 17 Holiday Inn, A1 Scotch Corner, Darlington, Co Durham DL10 6NR (50 places)
- Northern Ireland: Wednesday, June 20 St Johns House, Courtney Hill, Newry BT34 2EB (20 places)
What next? Book your places
As usual, youll need to ask your donorflex Liaison Manager to set the ball rolling.
He or she is the colleague whose login credentials give access to areas of the donorflex website that are off-limits to the general public.
All they need to do is click the Bookings button on the right of the menu bar, then choose the appropriate venue or venues and tell us:
- The name and details of the person whos our point-of-contact for the booking, and
- The names and details of the delegates. Remember, if the point-of-contact is also a delegate, youll need to repeat the personal details