Last chance to get ready for new donorflex
By Mark Higgitt
| June 6, 2017
The build-up to the release of new donorflex has focussed mainly so far on those client organisations that started their preparations by attending one of our nine Regional Training Days, in March.
They were able to immerse themselves in the six-step plan to implementation thats been referred to on a number of occasions since the RTDs season more of which further on in this article.
A minority of clients werent able or ready to attend an RTD at that point. So theyre keen for us to repeat the opportunity to start their build-up and share the rising anticipation of the great new features and functionality coming your way.
Thats why were planning a final RTD for them at the Midlands Arts Centres Hexagon Theatre, in Birmingham, on Thursday, October 5.
The venue has been chosen to preserve the informal, intimate mood of our traditional regional user group roadshows as well as being located centrally for client organisations travelling from across the UK.
The cost will be the same as for our March events, which is £50 plus VAT per delegate. It will be a re-run of the March events
- 9.00-9.15: Welcome
- 9.15-10.45: Session 1
- Overall look and feel (Security and passwords / Ribbon bar / Dashboards)
- Records (Consolidation of Record Management and Record Profile / Searching / Filtering / Duplicate-checking / Create new record with duplication checks / Rapid Record Entry create records in bulk / Profiling vs Record Types / Management of Inactive / Deceased using system-owned data items vs Record Types / Suspended flag)
- 10.45-11.00: Refreshments
- 11.00-12.30: Session 2
- Communication Preferences
- Contact Flag
- Gift Aid
- Change Log
- Collecting Box new features
- Merchandise new features
- Transaction recording (Thank-you amount)
- 12.30-1.15: Lunch
- 1.15-2.45: Session 3
- 2.45-3.00: Refreshments
- 3.00-4.30: Session 4
- Preparation for the 10.2 upgrade
YOUR SIX-STEP PLAN TO CHANGE
Heres how the six-step plan, which was launched at Marchs RTDs, will be outlined to RTD attendees in October:
- Step 1
- Regional Training Days: These are the start of your preparations for new donorflex. They give a detailed insight into its new features, and a demonstration of the Data Appraisal Review utility that were providing to attending organisations, which will give an insight into the condition and consistency of your data in preparation for your upgrade.
- Step 2
- Data Appraisal Review utility: We want it to be business-as-usual for you when the upgrade is completed, so youll use this special review utility to evaluate the readiness of your database for being upgraded.
- Step 3
- You brief your team: The RTD insights will equip you to brief your team about the new product and begin planning the way forward. Then prepare your users and your data for the upgrade in a systematic way. Once you have your plan ready, you can move to Step 4.
- Step 4
- Client upgrade survey: Well ask you some important questions about how and when your preparations for the new product will happen, and who will be the key colleagues along the way.
- Step 5
- donorflex installation CD: With your Data Appraisal Review complete, in liaison with your technical team, well send the installation CD for new donorflex and schedule your upgrade so that donorflex support can be on stand-by to help with any needs.
- Step 6
- Do great things with new donorflex! Over to you. Make the most of the great new features that will help to drive your fundraising success to impressive new heights.
HOW TO BOOK YOUR PLACES
As ever, do this via the Bookings button, up there on the top right of the menu.
This area is open only to the donorflex Liaison Manager (DLM) at each of our client organisations. He or she is the colleague whose login credentials access areas of the website that are off-limits to other users.
Bear in mind that, if your DLM has already logged in to the websites client-only My donorflex area, he or she will need to re-enter their login credentials when the booking system requests them.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NON-RTD ATTENDEES
Organisations that dont attend an RTD will need to engage with a donorflex client development consultant which will be less cost-effective than an RTD booking to plan their way forward.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NON-SQL CLIENTS
Clients running donorflex on a non-SQL server platform will not be able to enjoy the great features of the new product until they upgrade to SQL although well be delighted to see them at the RTD in October. Likewise, however, please engage with us about the way forward to being SQL-equipped.